Sunday, December 31, 2017

TO MY SISTERS: SEE WHILE YOU'RE LOOKING!

True story... A brother once asked me to loan him some money. For what I asked. He wanted it to but his queen an exquisite engagement ring. Beautiful desire; but Altho he's my brother and I love him I told him no. In fact those were the very reasons I said no!

I feel that if a man is not financially prepared to appropriately symbolize entering an intimate, adult, life-relationship with a mate, then he probably isn't financially prepared to enter the undertaking itself that is being symbolized.  When the ring is being given, it is more than just the giving of a ring.
If I'd loaned him the money for the ring, he would have been presenting to her a representation of MY financial situation, not HIS.

So he ought to wait to give it until he is able and set to come correctly regarding the whole 9 yards.

Honestly, a half stepping mindset is usually pervasive, rather than representative of isolated actions! In other words believe who he is the FIRST time he shows you!
I believe Sisters need to understand that about their mates same way they do about themselves and quit feeling guilted or obligated by antiquated ideals to accept financial unpreparedness just because "he loves you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment