Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"THE GOD IN ME"
by Khalil Somadi

What's going on outside me
cannot touch me
when I'm "good" inside.
When no apprehension hides
like ghosts in crevices dark...

Fortified is my strengthened heart.

I am sheltered!
Deliciously sequestered!
And the laughter low and quiet in my throat
is but the residue from fires stoked
inside my cresting soul.

Thus empowered, I am something to behold!

As my true magnificence unfolds
I feel God speaking in my veins,
reminding me that I have no Achilles Heel... that I am AFRICAN by name,
and real,
and to embrace mythology's in vain!
So I entertain
instead,
that art of Naked Strength and Gentleness Thee wed
in divine matrimony,
whose progeny
is Me... a Full Grown Man.

Here before You, I stand.

What is going on outside me
cannot touch me
when I am good inside
and I let the God in me reside
in His true and blessed home...

2 comments: