Saturday, March 19, 2016

"WINGS: THE BEGINNING "
  Part I of The Wings Trilogy
  by Khalil Somadi

They were mine before my birth,
before I came into this realm you know as Earth,
thru my father's chosen seed
and my mother's womb where I was hence conceived.
Like a sea shell transported by water to another Place & Time,
I came to be Here, and my fledgling wings were mine.

But something evil took control of my earth father,
and my wings became a bother
to his soul.
He pinned them down
at first, then tore them from me to behold
as bloody trophies
hung high in our closet dark
with calculated torture aimed
to maim my weakened heart.
He left me earthbound with no learning,
yearning
for the nurturing that comes with love--
something he had lost all knowledge of.

But he began to know
My wings would never cause his own stature to grow,
for they were mine
by God's design;
and they would keep on living,
even unattached,
until the day when I was strong enough to stand and take them back.

WINGS ll:

"THE CALLING OF MY WINGS"
Part ll of The Wings Trilogy
by Khalil Somadi

Day turned into Night
turned into Day;
and the more time passed, I felt the Light's ballet
in the center of my soul.
It made me bold.
It made me know
how much my wings were needed now.
I came to vow
without the need for words,
that day when yearning came to feel like birds
lifting in flight
to instant heights,
to take my wings
as mine again.
I felt the calling
for my rising
with no further compromising,
even tho appalling
revelations reigned
against my brain,
and tho my body bore the stain
of metaphysical corruption,
interruption
of Becoming
left my heart and spirit wanting.
On my back grew deepening stings
from the absence of my wings!

Somehow I still loved my father,
The Immoral Scholar,
tho his demons now have left him ruined.
So the power in me brewing
frightened me:
It will certainly  come down to Him or Me...
More and more I felt the calling,
and another night would soon be falling,
then another day
since he ripped my wings away....

(To be continued in Wings III?)

1 comment: